Sunday, July 31, 2016

01/08/2016 - Bug Fixes, Changes, Drops & Patreon

Hi there,

Small patch note on some work I did today.
  • Coins are no longer consumed on use...
  • New material "Slime Residue" added to the game
  • Enemies can now drop items
    • Slimes and guards now drop items
    • Prices of potions have been increased
  • Fixed a bug with the day / night system that would crash the game
    • The first person reporting this told me it happened to him at level 5 and 7. This was because he performed a certain action between 22 and 6 (in-game time) that crashed the game. Took me a while to find out what was causing it
  • Fixed a few bugs with Meira
    • You couldn't fight with her as you active companion in most instances
    • Another bug where you wouldn't be able to go into the sewers
  • Pretty hefty overhaul of the battle system's code
    • Improved scalability of code
    • Increased performance
    • Added inventory button to the battle menu
    • Damage in fights can no longer be negative
  • Inventory button works more efficiently now
    • Yea that sounds as uninteresting as it actually is
  • Fixed a small issue in shops that would show errors. It wasn't actually an issue, but it was bugging me
I wanted to release a bit more, but it's getting late and I felt these bug fixes needed to get out as soon as possible. Either way, I'm really happy I got these problems out of the way. Feels like I just cleaned my house.

I expect to release one more small patch tomorrow before I move on to the bigger stuff! If you encounter any more bugs, please let me know. At the moment, there are no known bugs.

One more thing I would like to say, about Patreon. I'll be posting previews of new content with information there from time to time as a thank you to all the amazing Patrons. I seriously did not expect to get this much support, so I feel a little guilty and would like to do a bit more for them.

Sincerely Yours,
JV

5 comments:

  1. Hi.

    Setting the hair length of your character to "Thigh-Length" kinda bug the game. After finishing the character creation, or when clicking on your name, you get the following error :
    game.min.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'description' of undefinedBody.(anonymous function) @ game.min.js:1Dialog.(anonymous function) @ game.min.js:1Dialog.(anonymous function) @ game.min.js:1Dialog.(anonymous function) @ game.min.js:1(anonymous function) @ game.min.js:1dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3i @ jquery.min.js:3

    Apart from that, I haven't got the time to really check the new version, through most remarks I tried to comment on your last blog post are probably still valid, through my post kept disappearing :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. - "Waiting" in battle damage the enemy, I'm not sure it's intended.

    - Creating a character with "tight-length" lock the character description (available when you click on your name). In both cases (after creation or when you try to go to your description) it make a js error.

    - The message "It seems , have found a rather interesting book" may appears even if you haven't summoned your pet yet.

    LA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know! I fixed it, but I can't release it right now.

      Delete
  3. Might wanna fix the title as we're only in august now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea well, maybe you are.

      Just kidding, thanks for letting me know!

      Delete